Win a Sliotar Signed by Henry and Brian
We’re at the end of another memorable year of GAA action, but how well do you remember the events of the past 12 months? Test your knowledge with our end-of-year quiz!
Enter your answers , A or B, name and school details in the comment box below. All correct entries will be entered in a draw to win one of four sliotars signed by Kilkenny legends, Henry Shefflin and Brian Cody.
- Kerry defeated Mayo after extra-time in a thrilling All-Ireland semi-final replay. Why was the game not played in Croke Park?
(A) American Football game in Croke Park
(B) Garth Brooks concert in Croke Park
- Where did the game take place?
(A) Casement Park, Belfast
(B) Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
- Sky Sports began showing live GAA games for the first time this year. What was the first game they broadcasted?
(A)Louth V Longford in the Leinster hurling championship
(B) Kilkenny v Offaly in the Leinster hurling championship
- What was the first game of the 2014 football championship?
(A)Peking v Mayo,
(B)New York v Mayo
- Mayo won their fourth successive Connacht Championship in July. Who did they defeat in the final?
- Limerick defeated Tipperary in the Munster Championship for the second year in a row.
- Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork has closed for redevelopment work, but what was the last inter-county championship game to be played at the venue?
(A)Munster football final between Cork and Kerry
(B)Munster hurling final between Cork and Kerry
- Dublin defeated Meath in the Leinster final for the third straight year. How many times have they won the Delaney Cup?
- Ryan McHugh scored a brace of goals in Donegal’s stunning All-Ireland semi-final win over Dublin. Who netted their third?
(A) Colm McFadden
(B) Colm Cooper
- What Tipperary player had a late free ruled out by Hawk-Eye in the drawn All-Ireland final?
- Leitrim suffered a heavy defeat against Down in the All-Ireland qualifiers. How many games have they won in the back-door system since it was introduced in 2001?
- Kilkenny star Tommy Walsh retired from inter-county hurling in November. How many All-Ireland medals did he win?
- The drawn All-Ireland hurling final was the highest-scoring game since the 1970 decider between Cork and Wexford.
- How many championship games did Kerry play this year?
- As well as the All-Ireland final, Kilkenny also defeated Tipperary in the National League final. Where was that game played?
(A)Semple Stadium, Thurles
(B)Wembley Stadium, London
- Who was the top scorer in this year’s football championship?
(A) Cillian O’Connor (Mayo)
(B) Kieran Donaghy (Kerry)
- Cork’s hurlers won their 51st Munster title this summer. When did they win their 50th?
- Kerry won a record 13th All-Ireland minor football title in September?
- Who won the O’Byrne Cup last January, Kildare or Meath?
- Who top-scored in the All-Ireland hurling final replay with 2-5?
(B)T. J. Reid