Hello, everyone, and welcome to this week's NEWS FLASH HOMEWORK CLUB!
Ok, so, for those of you who are new to this, it's quite simple -- below are your five activites for the week. Two are audio (quiz and mental maths challenge), while the other three involve reading and writing. You can do one, do some, or do all. It's really up to you -- especially if your teacher has not given you a list. They won't take too long, and you will be able to find out how you did every Friday, when we post the answers in an audio post - just like the quiz and maths challenge - from 9 A.M. onwards.
So, click on the pictures below to access the activities ... and enjoy!
Click on the picture to hear this week's quiz.
Click on the picture to take this week's maths challenge
In this month’s cloze test activity, we need you to fill in the blanks in the passage below. Choose from the 8 words listed at the top.
The Hadrosaurus was the ____________ almost-complete dinosaur to be ___________ when, in 1858, American William Parker Foulke ___________ a site in New Jersey where large bones had been found twenty years ____________ .
The ___________ was assembled and put on ____________ at the Philadelphia Academy of Natural Sciences, and was the ﬁrst ever mounted dinosaur skeleton.
The name Hadrosaurus means ‘bulky __________ ’ and only one skeleton of this dinosaur has _________ been found.
Mags out, guys! This month's 24-quiz is based on the 24 pages of News Flash.
E.g. The answer to Q.7 can be found on page 7.
1. They publish News Flash.
2. The vehicle Síle hid in last month.
3. NASA’s OSIRIS-Rex collected samples from this asteroid.
4. In which country is Yamagata University?
5. Who is the owner of Tesla?
6. How high is the Great Pyramid of Giza?
7. What did ancient Egyptians call their sun god?
8. Cad é an Béarla ar clár dúlra?
9. Vincent van Gogh’s younger brother.
10. Who is the patron saint of Wales?
11. Type of glue used by palaeontologists.
12. What does Megalosaurus mean?
13. Mary Anning found the head of an __________ when she was 12.
14. A classroom assistant needs to have a _________ attitude.
15. The word kindness comes from an ________ English word.
16. What is the second word in this month’s ‘Crack the Code’?
17. Where was the person in this month’s ‘Who am I’ born?
18. Giant elands live in the wild on which continent?
19. The rock used in the foundations of Jumeirah came from the ________ Mountains.
20. Sonic the Hedgehog was originally a ________.
21. Who painted The Liffey Swim?
22. The first Polish player to win a tennis Grand Slam.
23. Ireland’s first opponents in the Autumn Nations Cup?
24. What is Sanita’s surname?